photo from 2009 trip to Bryce Canyon National Park









Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wow, too much time has passed since the last update. I keep thinking that this summer is going by way too fast and has been way too busy. At the same time I feel like I haven't got much done either! What have we been up to the last few months?
  • Andy has been keeping busy playing on two softball teams (and is looking forward to flag football this fall)
  • I have been working on my sewing projects (see photos below)
  • We managed to find a great deal on a new vehicle for me to drive - which will hopefully be more safe than my ditch diver
  • Additionally, we sold my old car-and as Andy says we are "vibeless"
  • We took a car seat safety class
  • We both have been doing lots of swimming at my parents (can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the floating and cooling off)
  • Visiting friends and family
  • Finishing up small basement projects (varnishing doors and hanging blinds)
We have been thinking a lot lately about things we would like to do before baby comes. If you have any please feel free to share! We are both getting more and more excited about the arrival of our baby and are starting to do a lot more planning-we are in the middle of picking out a paint color for the nursery and other baby room preparations. I think we both feel the end is near for few reasons...


1. My best friend from college, Erica, just had her baby-an adorable little boy named Callum! Seeing them and visiting them in the hospital made us having a baby seem so real.


2. The due date seems to be just around the corner especially as I enter my 3rd trimester and 30th week of pregnancy.


3. Baby showers are coming up and we've made a few small baby related purchases of our own.


4. I feel like I'm getting "huge" even though I have a solid 10 weeks to go (see photo below)
Despite feeling large I still have been feeling great. Although, lately I've noticed myself being more uncomfortable and having a harder time sleeping. Over-heating also seems to be an issue. Baby is kicking and moving like crazy-Andy and I can often watch my belly morph into all sorts of shapes as this little guys kicks, jabs, and rolls.

Here is the finished product of my bumper sewing project. I was pretty impressed with myself for finishing something that didn't look half bad!

Now all I have to do is keep the quilt project moving-I have all the "piecing" done. Now I just need to sew it all together! I had a small melt down regarding the quilt last week-I just didn't like the way it was looking-but Andy helped me do some rearranging and convinced me to finish the project. So we'll see how I feel about it in the end.

I don't have too many pictures to share from the last month or so, but hopefully I'll get better about taking pictures so that these posts aren't so bland and boring. I hope you all are enjoying your summer!


3 comments:

  1. So impressed with the quilt and bumper they look great! PS I had McD's today and kept the bag closed all the way home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz, you're looking huge! Of course, I say that with the best intentions. ;)

    Do your best to keep cool, especially at night so you can get some rest. The hot weather + the heater in your belly will really mess with ya'.

    Keep on keepin' on! October is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, you are too cute. I admire your sewing projects, that's a great and handy talent to have! I'm glad it's finally cooled off a little, maybe now you won't be as uncomfortable?? Wait...impossible with a 10 pound baby in your belly. :) Gen

    ReplyDelete